Oct 1990: Gearing up for Sunkist



10/12/90
Pretty good week of live wrestling with Griffin, Zaputil, and Martin. I went not quite 50-50 with Griffin; I am stronger but he is slicker, and I need to pressure him more.

I went about even with Zaputil; he has improved on the feet, and generally beats me on takedowns. I have the advantage on the mat, so the key is to get at least one takedown, then score on turns.

I still have trouble with Martin; sometimes I go even with him, but other times he just seems to win the scrambles.

10/17/90
I'm sitting outside the arena. It's getting cooler, too cool to drive my MGA in the mornings. The colors are changing. But it's kind of nice at the moment: blue sky, sun just beginning to make shadows.

My classes are going generally well, although I did crappy on a test today. After this semester I'll already have 27 of my 62 necessary credits to get an MBA. I could possibly get my MBA by June of '92.

I'm starting my push to get down to 119 for Sunkist. Three weeks away.

10/26/90
Another pretty good training week. I went live this week with Bruhl, Pablo Ubasa, and Hogan and did well against all; nice to have so much variety in the room.

I did better than 50% against Bruhl, but I need more shots, more movement, more pressure, more force. I pretty much dominated Pablo Ubasa, but I need to maintain intensity and movement, don't relax. I beat Hogan solidly, but I got caught on several of his singles and got snapped and turned on my single-leg shot on final go.

I'm weighing out in the mid-high 120s, which is good--staying within 8-9 pounds of Sunkist weight and feeling okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment